Technology. It’s always changing. It’s always accelerating and being innovated. This year was no different. Entrepreneur.com chronicled all the action and it was a ton of fun.
From Google unveiling computerized glasses, to Elon Musk’s Hyperloop to the mobile battle between Apple and Samsung, 2013 was all about bold ideas and fierce competition. Here’s a countdown of Entrepreneur.com’s most-viewed tech stories of the year:
10. 10 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Mobile App Developer
Everything you need to know when searching for the right person to design your company’s first mobile app.
9. Why the Samsung Galaxy S4 May Be Better for Business Than Apple’s iPhone 5
Ah, the contentious battle between Apple and Samsung. Here, we looked at some of the most important features and how Samsung’s new smartphone stacked up.
8. Why California Can’t Be Home to the Hyperloop
In theory, Elon Musk’s Hyperloop may be able to get people from Los Angeles to San Francisco in 30 minutes. In reality, the layover the project will take in Sacramento could delay that trip for decades.
7. 3 Apps to Help You Write a Business Plan
We found a trio of helpful apps that guide you from brilliant business idea to an actionable plan.
6. HTC One vs. Samsung Galaxy S4: Which is Better For Business?
Two Android smartphones pushed the bar higher than ever. A head-to-head look at which one is best for power business users.
5. Once Sold for $850 Million, Bebo Founders Buy the Company Back for $1 Million
It’s been a long and winding road for Bebo, the social network that was launched in San Francisco in 2005. After being sold for hundreds of millions of dollars and later being bounced from owner to owner, the site returned to the hands of its original founders, Michael and Xochi Birch.
4. 10 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Webmaster
Another one from our “10 Questions” series: Webmasters for small businesses often do it all, from designing the website to search engine optimization (SEO) to daily maintenance. Here’s what you need to know when looking for the right person to design and maintain your website.
3. 3 Mobile Apps for Converting Voice to Text
If you don’t like typing on a smartphone or simply think better out loud, you’ll never miss another brilliant thought with these dictation apps.
2. This Is the 23-Year-Old Entrepreneur Who Just Turned Down $3 Billion From Facebook
We may never know why Snapchat co-founder Evan Spiegel really turned down the mega-offer, but here’s a look at what we do know about him.
1. My First 48 Hours Wearing Google Glass
Tech writer Taylor Hatmaker was one of the lucky individuals who were invited to pre-order Google Glass. Here, she offers some initial impressions of Google’s much-anticipated computerized glasses.
Loading the player …